Experienced certified teachers are needed for the Museum’s Traveling Outreach Programs. Teachers travel to area sites including schools, after school programs, recreation departments and community events. This is a part time position, daytime, early evening and weekend teaching hours available. E-mail email@example.com with questions or to apply.
Science on the Go! Educators bring engaging educational enrichment programs to a variety of preschools, elementary schools, childcare centers, and other children’s organizations.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitate hands-on science activities with groups of approx. 10-25 children
• Accommodate the needs of toddler, preschool, and school-age children
• Develop and implement new outreach programs
• Travel to outreach locations
• Incorporate National Common Core State Standards and STEM Education
• Conduct family science nights at outreach locations
• Collaborate with other outreach teachers and museum staff to further enrich programs
• Maintain organized materials for outreach programs
• Post educational, family-oriented contributions to the museum’s blog